Greetings everybody, welcome to our Weekly Artifact Auction! Here we have the finest artifacts up for bidding, sold through the Artifact Roadshow. New arrivals and old favorites constantly appear throughout each auction. Our system is easy to master and similar to other institutions, but with a twist. Instead of the highest dollar amount winning an artifact, the best effects will win ownership.
Simply put, interested bidders must place forwards an effect (and sometimes origin) for a showcased artifact. Users may bid multiple times to edit their effects or offer up a completely new set. (Place revisions in bullet point list format with newest versions on top). Bidders may vote for themselves, but it is encouraged to choose the most apt effects. Search the site beforehand to see if it is already mentioned elsewhere to help you create suitable effects, which are marked with an asterisk at the end.
Each poll will be given at least 5-7 days to create suitable effects. Afterwards the voting system for each artifact will be installed for 3 days time. The user with the most support will gain ownership of said artifact. The particular artifact will be listed as transferred and the user given ownership (a partially completed page with basic infobx setup). Sold artifacts listing multiple effect(s) will remain on the page until the buyer completes the page; afterwards, it is asked that user then remove.
Users that submit virtually the same effect will be grouped together on the ticket and listed as co-owners if they win. Artifacts that either have no effects submitted or have a majority vote find all listed effects unsuitable, it will be listed as unsold and temporarily taken off the catalogue.
New lots are to be listed every Friday or Saturday, from which users can start the bidding process. On Sunday the winning bidder’s names are released, the starter pages are created and the next set of lots is posted. Signed-in users may submit their own artifacts for listing; however, the auction will only take a total of five user artifacts per week to limit overcrowding. All artifacts provided for sale are unmade red-links without effects. Provided below is a sample auction:
William C. Davidon’s DollyEdit
- Yoterras88: Removes sensitive documents by embedding it in furniture. Fri
- KwerinMacLoqk: Directs user towards government secrets. User will feel the need to infiltrate/expose them. Wed
- Asterix07’Gray: User’s protests against issues will lead them towards unprotected incendiary material that can harm the opponents structure or public image. Sun
- Steals the most personally valuable and sensitive possessions out of a building when wheeled out an exit. Desire to steal intensifies each time. Thu
- Lets user see through redacted files. Fri
Week 1 WinnersEdit
William Coffin Coleman's Arc Lantern: Garr9988
Vulcan's Hammer: Prof. Draco
Osiris' Flail: Mr.123
Weeks 2 and 3 WinnersEdit
Simeon Bourgeois' Torpedo Shell: Wilesjeffery2152
Arthur Conan Doyle's Pipe: GunjiBunny
Susan Nolen-Hoeksema’s Glasses: Wilesjeffery2152
Penthesilea's Spear: Mr.123
Preserved Hardtack from the Civil War: Wilesjeffery2152
Pier Gerlofs Donia's Compass: Mr.123
Spirit of St. Louis' Propeller Spinner: Garr9988
Maitreya's Purse: Mr.123
Preston Brooks' Cane: Garr9988
Dorothy Liebes' Ball of Yarn: Garr9988
Père Fouettard's Whip: Garr9988
Week 4 WinnersEdit
Stone from the "Wailing Wall": GunjiBunny
Ferruccio Lamborghini's Ferrari Clutch: GunjiBunny
Zoroaster's Bones: GunjiBunny
Erno Rubik's Box: Mr.123
William James Sidis' Bookcase: Prof. Draco
Ogier The Dane's Shield: Garr9988
Week 5 WinnersEdit
Abraham Ulrikib's Caribou Pelt: Scalec
Frankie Avalon's Suntan Lotion: Scalec
Week 6 and 7 WinnersEdit
Daikoku's Mallet: Garr9988
Wat Tyler's Lance: GunjiBunny
Sandstone Bricks from the Pyramid of Giza: GunjiBunny
John Sutter's Pickaxe: GunjiBunny
House Peters, Jr.'s Mop: GunjiBunny
George Cayley's Coat: GunjiBunny
Ghostbuster Proton Pack: GunjiBunny
Blaise de Vigenere's Inkwell: GunjiBunny
Week 8 WinnersEdit
James Henry Atkinson's Mouse Trap: Garr9988
Anton LeVey's Bible: GunjiBunny
William Murdoch's Boiler: Garr9988
Leatherface's Chainsaw: GunjiBunny
Loukas Notaras’ Turban : Scalec
Steel Girders From Warehouse 12: Scalec
Davy Crockett's Racoon Skin Cap: Scalec
Louis Vuitton's Suitcase: Garr9988
Richard Chase's Steak Knife: GunjiBunny
Chuck Jones' Glasses: ElsaRules!!!
Week 9 WinnersEdit
Red Clown Nose : GunjiBunny
Bugsy Siegel's Knuckle Dusters :GunjiBunny
Sphinx's Nose and Tablet : ElsaRules!!!
Lisa del Giocondo's Teeth : Wilesjeffery2152
Lily Tomlin's Rocking Chair : Mr.123
Johnny Depp's Scissor Gloves : Mr.123
Louis Chevrolet's Helmet : Wilesjeffery2152
Loránd Eötvös' Torsion Balance : Mr.123
John Hancock's Quill : ElsaRules!!!
Week 10 WinnersEdit
Original Swear Jar : Mr.123
Orson Welles' Microphone : Wilesjeffery2152
Sputnik's Antenna : Mr.123
The One that Got Away : Prof.Draco
Polybius' Scytale: Wilesjeffery2152
Rock from the Cave of the Winds : GunjiBunny
Dana Scully's Cross Necklace : Mr.123
Kurt Cobain's Sweater: GunjiBunny
Mary Worth's Mirror : GunjiBunny
Saturn V : Mr.123
The Straw that Broke the Camel's Back : GunjiBunny
Week 11 WinnersEdit
Cuchulainn's Post : Mr.123
Phone Booth from the Mojave Desert : Mr.123
René Descartes' Drafting Quill : Mr.123
Jim Robinson's Army Bag : Mr.123
Richard Dadd's Color Wheel : Mr.123
Tyr's Right Hand : Mr.123
Fort Sumter Cannon Ball : Mr.123
Week 12 WinnersEdit
Jesus Christ's 3 Crucifixion Nails: ElsaRules!!!
Igor Sikorsky's Helicopter: GunjiBunny
Shizou Kakutani's Geometry Set: Mr.123
Headlamp from Dagen H: GunjiBunny
Henry Every's Parasol: GunjiBunny
Michiel de Ruyter's Crest: GunjiBunny
Manco Cápac's Staff: Mr.123
O. H. Kahn's Piggy Bank: Wilesjeffery2152
Silk Sash of Mulan: GunjiBunny
Clark Wiley's Cage: GunjiBunny
Fiorello La Guardia's Sledgehammer: GunjiBunny
Week 13 WinnersEdit
Gilbert Vernam's Paper Tape: GunjiBunny
John Langdon Down's Stencils: Mr.123
Jester's Mask: ElsaRules!!!
Margaret Hughes' Stage Dress: Mr.123
Trismegistos' Emerald Tablets: ElsaRules!!!
Elsie Mitchell's Picnic Basket: ElsaRules!!!
Robert Crisp's Cricket Bat: Mr.123
Plutus' Key: Mr.123
M.R. James' Glasses: Garr9988
Henrietta Robinson's Shawl: Garr9988
Hetty Green's Shawl: Gunjibunny
Klaas Aperture (canon) * Edit
Original Howdy Doody MarionetteEdit
Umar ibn Al-Khatt's SwordEdit
- Mr.123: Instills great vigor and ability to make their cause succeed under just command. Increases social tolerance, oration, tactical foresight and humility. Whenever they behave less than noble, they will experience tiny slash marks across their stomach that grow larger with repetition until fatal
Pierre le Grand's GallonsEdit
Henry David Thoreau's SpadeEdit
- Mr.123: User becomes impartial to favoritism, making choices based upon information. Removes interest in having progeny.
- Latches a string to anybody who approaches it, extending it in the general direction of their future. Known to twist and tangle, but never tear. Becomes too thin for perception when approaching important familial obligations.
Jethro Tull's HoeEdit
- Scalec: When put to dirt, creates perfectly straight rows of soil. Plants caught in these rows experience considerable growth, and the further from the hoe's point of origin they are the more they grow.
- Mr.123: Jethro Tull's Seed Drill - Causes plants to uproot themselves and arrange in a more evenly spaced out pattern. User becomes unable to derive nutrition from anything besides soil.
Phil Connor's Radio Alarm ClockEdit
Henry VIII of England's Wedding RingEdit
- Scalec: Catherine of Aragon's Wedding Ring - Infused with her anguish and conviction, the ring was returned to her former husband Henry VIII upon her death. So long as it makes contact with the skin, it blinds anyone who touches it from being able to see anything but the ring.
Ray Price’s Wheelie Bar / Edit
Dominic Cobb's Top Edit
Chucky Doll Edit
Sir Godfrey Newbold Hounsfield's Prototype EMT Scanner * Edit
- Mr.123: Creates an externalized depiction of the user's brain structure, down to the smallest detail. Applying careful, intentional movements allows the user to perform brain alteration without surgery. However, mistakes can cause irreversible damage.
Orville Wright's Bicycle Edit
Ernest Vincent Wright's Dictionary Edit
- Mr.123: Removes the ability to see, speak, or even think of words that include the first letter of their name.
Qing Dynasty Vase (canon) * Edit
Vladimir Nabokov's Notecards Edit
Union Pacific Big Boy Edit
Martin Fullam's Jacket Edit
- GunjiBunny: Protection against high temperatures and fire, increases courage. Smoke will form inside of the wearer's lungs after extended use.
William Oughtred's Slide Ruler Edit
- Mr.123: Increases implicit understanding of mathematical theory. Needs extant interest in astrology to activate.