|I'm not letting you hurt anyone anymore.|
Garrett Echols Scott
Field Agent, Artifact Inventory
Area of Expertise
Fan-based artifacts, Tulpa-effect artifacts, Mythologies and legends.
Life before the WarehouseEdit
Garrett Echols Scott (April 8, 1999-May 26, 2015) was always interested in myths and legends, history, and Creepypasta stories.
He lived in Florida and attended middle school like everyone else. He didn't have that unusual of a life.
Introduction to Warehouse 13Edit
arrett was at school in science class, and one student was using a vintage-looking microscope. After the class assignment was over, the other sudent complained of feeling uneasy and started to "come apart". Garrett, who recently studied scientific history, thought this was similar to molecular, atomic, and elemental disarrangement. Agents Tyler Lepido and Aden Taylor came and neutralized the artifact, which was Antoine Lavosier's Microscope. Witnessing this, Garrett was convinced there must be more stuff like it. He would never forget it.
Since so many artifacts are triggered by, and even feel emotions, and as Garrett was an empath, Mrs. Fredric gave him an invite to South Dakota,
which to his parents was a recommendation for an internship that would help him enter an Ivy League school.
When he arrived, almost everyone didn't trust him because he was so young. But, after some reassurance, the others began to warm up to him.
He joined the Warehouse soon after Leena died, meaning all current agents were present, including Felix, Aden, and H.A.R.P. He joined at the age of 14, and was an agent for two years before his death and subsequent resurrection.
Garrett is, being a teenager, victim to his emotions and vulnerable both mentally and emotionally. He has strong convictions of wrong and right, and disapproves with some of the Warehouse's practices (namely Bronzing, which he is greatly afraid of). On very rare occasions, with or without Scott's influence, he is prone to outburst of anger, and more commonly bouts of depression.
He has a kind of hero complex, having strong desires to help others even if he can't help himself, even if it is at his own expense. His empathy, which allows him to experience the emotions of others, can help, but often if who he is trying to help feeling negatively, it will affect him just as badly. Due to this, he is in a damaging loop of wanting to help act as therapeutic counselling for others such as the victims of Bronzing.
Due to his past with his family, Garrett can be upset by certain things such as negative comments on his appearance, intelligence, personality, life choices, etc. This manifested as an initial occasional disliking for Artie, who at times resembled his father in some aspects. Also due to his abusive upbringing, during which he was frequently made to believe his treatment was his own fault, he has issues with self-worth and blames himself more easily or more harshly than he ought to. However, as of late, he is beginning to truly get past his issues and not treat himself so harshly.
In the past he has shown to be easily manipulated by artifacts and those with strong wills (as evidenced by the Naga incident), due to his own will not being the strongest. After the incident, he has tried to increase his mental strength, though he has no real idea how to do so.
Garrett is desperate for attention, relishing in any positive glance or praise he receives. As such, he used to suck up to others, especially Felix and the other high-up Agents. As an extension of this, he has a flare for the dramatic and enjoys the thought of being able to show off to impress others, and relishes in drama-oriented scenarios such as dancing, signing, etc. (As such, his favorite artifacts are Placido Domingo's Strawbery Handkerchief and the 42nd Street Film Marquee).
After Scott, his confidence has greatly improved, though it is still low at times. He is more willing to voice his own opinions even if it challenges others, and if he feels a certain way, he'll speak up. Due to his influence, Garrett can be more prone to expressing his annoyance and anger (and also because of Scott, Garrett finds himself oddly disliking Aden, wanting to avoid his company at times, but other times he is perfectly okay with him and participates in fun activities when available).
Despite his meek nature, Garrett relishes in being able to show off his knowledge of things, such as mineralogy, urban legends, some lore, and modern youth-targeted television shows and books. As such, he prides himself on being the primary monitor of the Display Case, the Urban Legend Sector's Creepypasta division, and a small faction of the Convention Aisle (he is currently not allowed near the Fanon section due to the presence of Pinkamena's Tin).
Like Pete's Vibes and Steve's lie-detection, Garrett's ability is empathy. He is able to experience the emotions of others through physical contact, though over time this ability has strengthened to the point where he can sense overall emotions in a location. If someone's emotions are particularly strong, he can even experience visions of what relates to that person's emotions, though they are short; he can also experience physical sensations from strong emotions, such as severe pain when Felix was having a nightmare about his torture.
At the end of the Double Danger arc, Garrett agreed to re-fuse with Scott, who had an artifact-enhanced romantic obsession with Felix. Upon learning that Felix didn't exactly reciprocate the feelings, Scott went berserk, but was restrained by Garrett, who used Pearl's spear to kill himself and spare Felix, Drake, and Carl. At the time of his death, he created an artifact, his Tye-Dye rubber bracelet, which holds his memories.
After some time over a month, Felix had found a way to revive Garrett through as of yet undisclosed means the day before the wedding of Tyler Lepido and Bri Rependatta. Another artifact, Jane Goodall's Watch, allows him to take the form of a human, but without it, his default form is a red fox.
As of his revival, he is in a relationship with Felix Draco.
- Felix Draco: Garrett saved Felix's life from Fred Phelps' Hat, and after that experience, he came out, and Felix was the first to know. Felix discovered in the Double Danger Arc that Garrett had fallen in love with him when they first met. Currently, they are a couple.
- Blaine Biston: The two had gone on a few missions together, including one job where they were sent to collect the Talae Magica.
- Mary Melinoe: When Garrett was kidnapped and transformed into a Naga, Mary arrived to save him and take care of the kidnapper.
- Aden Taylor: When Garrett became bonded with the Element of Kindness, Aden was the first person to witness. He was the one who requested the Elements stay in their container when not in use. After watching Zootopia, Aden persistently calls Garrett variations of Nick Wilde. Due to Scott's internal influence, Garrett will sometimes be wary of him to varying degrees; on bad days he dislikes, fears, or even hates Aden due to subconscious reasons he can't pinpoint.
- Tyler Lepido and Bri Rependata: Tyler was one of the agents who tried to save Garrett from his kidnapper, and Garrett was very grateful (despite the fact that he knew Tyler and Felix had a minor interest in each other at the time, which he showed some jealousy for while under the effects of the Naga Eye). After collecting Susan Nolen-Hoeksema’s Glasses, he discovered Bri and Tyler's growing love for each other through his empathy.
- Juan Miguel: While under the effect of one of Sigmund Freud's Cigars, he was easily angered by Juan's annoyance that wasn't directed at him.
- Megan Wilcoxson: Under the effects of Pinkamena's Cupcake Tin, he attacked Megan (however, he had no true control over his actions).
- Carl Kyles: Perhaps the only "pure" crush Garrett felt, as it wasn't based on sex or transference, Garrett revealed the Warehouse to him, and gave him the power to morph through the Morphing Cube.
- Drake Hosfelt: The third of Garrett's crushes, their relationship was based on more infatuation and sexual manipulation. However, as time went on, he grew attached to Drake.
- Ariana Fletcher: One of the first of the new bearers of the Elements of Harmony that Garrett met. Due to them sharing the same Element, Garrett felt an instant connection.
- Oto Barry: The two had never met each other personally, and Garrett didn't even know of Oto's existence. He was the one who sent Pinkamena's Tin.
- Joeseph Barlett: The two had never truly interacted with each other, but he was a bit wary of him due to the possibility of a relationship being formed between them. He was kind to him, however, whenever they were together.
- Alexander The Great\Nick Renson: After learning of his true identity, Garrett had many questions. However, he never had the time nor the courage to ask them.
- Old Bone: After his first field mission, Garrett was affected by an artifact that nearly pushed him to suicide. Old Bone saved his life, and in exchange, Garrett told him the information needed to neutralize the Cigar.
- Artie Nielson: Saw Artie as more of an uncle-like figure rather than father. Whether this was because of his occasional resemblance to his own father, Garrett himself was never certain. But he knew he never wanted to disappoint him.
As an agent, Garrett is allowed to bring three artifacts and devices with him on missions.
- Gilles de Montmorency-Laval's Closet Key
- Lee Travis' Fedora
- Chung Ling Soo's Plate
- Jane Goodall's Watch (worn almost constantly to allow him to remain human)
- Robert Oppenheimer's Desk Lamp
- Buddy Holly's Sunglasses
- Jack London's Dog Collar
- Alvin C. Graves' Tie
- Phineas Gage's Tamping Iron
- Tigers Eye Crystal
- John Gillespie Magee, Jr.'s Pen
- Marilyn Monroe's White Dress
- Alfred George Hinds's Prison Uniform
Personal Effects and ArtifactsEdit
- Agent Garrett Scott's Stuffed Animals
- Tye-Dye Bracelet
Garrett's personal playlist ((still in the works))
- Ever since Garrett was young, he played Yu-Gi-Oh all the time - and still loses to other decks. His special deck style is the Billy Deck in the Warehouse (against other agents), and Elemental HEROES in official tournaments.
- Garrett's favorite sections of the Warehouse are the Samhain Sector, the Aisle of Noel, the Urban Legend Sector, the Convention Aisle, and the Fairy Tale Section (in that order).
- Like Pete's vibes, Steve's lie-detecting, and Aden's Spaciokinesis, Garrett's special ability is empathy. He is able to feel what others feel (mostly pain and other strong emotions) if he touches someone else. He is also able to do the opposite, and transmit his feelings to others, but only strong emotions.
- Due to their similar feelings about artifacts in the Warehouse (wanting to use them personally "like a library), as well as Artie, Garrett has befriended Abigail Cho.
- However, he feels that she could never replace Leena, whom Garrett wished he had a chance to know better before her death.
- Avid fan of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic".
- Favorite characters are Discord and Fluttershy
- His Element of Harmony was Kindness, giving him Pegasus wings
- Came out of the closet when dealing with Fred Phelps' Cowboy Hat
- Garrett, as an agent, was two firsts. He was the youngest official agent in recorded Warehouse history, but was also the youngest agent to die as an agent.
- After and experience with one of Sigmund Freud's Carpet, it was revealed that, if he were an animal, it would be a red fox.
- As a fox, he has a habit of sniffing around for treats, especially Felix's pockets.
- Is an Aries
- If he became a God Tier, he would be a Mage of Heart according to this test.
- Extended Zodiac sign: Arcer, the Officer, which changes his Aspect to be Blood.
- If he were an element bender, he would be a Waterbender.
- Appropriate to his demise, the name Garrett has Germanic origins and means " brave with the spear", "rules by the spear", or " hard or bold spear."
- Garrett is unable to cook many foods, and mainly resorts to simple things like ramen, grilled cheese sandwiches, or other microwavable snacks.
- Garrett likes being able to concisely do things right. He also likes being original, but some things he’s okay with following steps for. Treatment of illnesses and meditation are some examples.
- Likes international travel thanks to the Warehouse, and would enjoy visiting Egypt.
- Once tried to use Jeannette Piccard’s Sandbag to levitate in the air to dance. He ended up dropping it and fell to the floor, breaking his arm.
- He is mostly an extremely kind, caring, and forgiving person, and tends to act as a mediator in arguments.
- He has, as such, been dubbed the Warehouse's "morality pet".
- However, although he is not often fazed by insults aimed at himself, if someone insults his home or family, Scott will take over in an instant, and is extremely ruthless. At this point, it is rather difficult for Garrett to take back control for some time.
- At the moment, no Warehouse agent knows that Garrett killed Chad Linwell.